Sunday, November 19, 2006

Petit Fours Part 1

Petit fours are really quite cute- basically things that fancy restaurants serve before dessert to whet your appetite- they are no more than two bites each! Here are the picture of my first tray. Unfortunately I forgot my camera for our second tray (we do one tray every two days).

The whole tray

Cherry "Palet" cookies, and Sarah Bernhardts- they consist of an almond macaroon topped with chocolate ganache, and glazed with Pate de Glace (gross chocolate that has the cocoa butter removed and vegetable oil added). They were made originally to honor a certain body part of the famous actress Sarah Bernhardt- I'll leave it up to you to decide which body part!

Tuille cookies, Gerbert Macaroons sandwiched with Passionfruit curd, and Plum-Hazelnut Financiers

Cherry Palets, "boats" of pate sucree with Passionfruit curd and blueberries, and chocolate macaroons sandwiched with chocolate ganache.
I'm very excited for our final for this section, which involves us coming up with our own petit fours with our partner, and traying them. We each come up with 4 of our own, but share a theme with our partner. Our theme is circus/carnival/fair, and our petit fours are going to be the best ever. I will probably post a million pictures, because I can't wait to take the test!!!

No comments: