Saturday, January 20, 2007

Chocolate Showpieces

We had to make chocolate showpieces based on our favorite movie. we had two days to do so. We also had a weight limit- it had to be between 1000 and 1500 grams. Nearly everyone in the class was within the limits, fortunately. Here are some pictures of some of the best in the class, as well as mine, which is unfortunately nowhere near the best in the class.

Josh and Claudia

Sofia

Kelly

Caitlin

Amy

Violetta

Mine
I was really, really disappointed with the way mine turned out. I had a good idea in my head, but because of time constraints, and serious breakage, I wasn't able to carry out everything I wanted to do. So it's just really ugly. I should have gone with my other idea for a movie, which I could have made much more visually interesting. You can't see very well, but there's a silhouette of the crazy man who murders his wife, holding a knife, in the right hand upper window.
Next we move on to our second round of plated desserts- should be fun! Only 6 more weeks to go!

No comments: