Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's day cake

Another job! This time to make a cake for a Valentine's day dinner party. It was a flourless chocolate cake with candied pear, creme d'or, buttercream, and fondant. I also made up a sauce with caramelized pear and browned butter. Sorry the photo quality is so bad- I didn't use the flash. The color was a lot more vibrant and beautiful in reality.





Along with these I made bonbon goodie bags for the guests with Rose caramels in milk chocolate, Jasmine truffles in dark chocolate, and fresh mint truffles in dark chocolate, along with a sugar paste rose bud. We're moving into the last couple days of plated desserts- I'll have some interesting posts when I've slept....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that a real rose, or is it sugar art?

Sarah said...

It's a sugar paste rose