Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Midterm cakes!

I'm going to post some other people's cakes first, because some of them were brilliant. Our assignment was to make a special occasion cake with the components we were assigned, and with decorations and some piping of royal icing. Keep in mind that we have worked with all of the components we were assigned only once before today. Some people, myself included, tried things we had never done before.

The Brilliant Josh

Krystal

Amy

Kristyn

Jess (Who will be my partner after this section)

Claudia

Troy

Violetta

Rachel

As for my cake, I am more or less pleased with the way it turned out. It was a little messy, and my design was a little overpowering, but for my first time painting on fondant, I am happy. I went a little crazy with pictures...






Chef Tom cut my cake in half :(

No comments: