Friday, December 15, 2006

Chocolate Candy Stands

We had our last day of the chocolate section (part one) today! Unfortunately we spent the whole time learning to temper, which I already knew. So when we got our final chocolate project, I was excited to be able to use a higher level of difficulty. I found some shoe molds which immediately made me think of Jewels, so I made this stand in honor of her. The shoes inside the box say Manolo Blahnik on their tags. I'm also including some other ones that I thought were really cute and/or good

Amy's

Rachel

Krystal

Jess (my current partner)

Kelly (former partner) This was definitely my favorite one of the day, though she had to alter the design due to breakage

Violetta

Mine
My favorite part about it was the "tissue paper" I made by coating a transfer sheet with a super thin layer of tempered white chocolate, letting it set just a little bit, then placing it transfer sheet up in the box, letting it set completely, and peeling off the transfer sheet. The color is cocoa butter.

No comments: