Saturday, March 24, 2007

Belated post of final projects

We graduated! How exciting is that? Actually, it happened over two weeks ago, but I've been away. Our final was to make a tart or cake, a viennoiserie item, bonbons, and a petit four item, along with a showpiece to hold the tart/cake, the bonbons, and the petit fours. The theme of the showpiece was to be our favorite place. Some of us took it quite literally and others (myself included) stepped a little outside of the box. So here are (almost) all of our final projects, in no particular order:


Paula


Krystal


Claudia S.


Rachel


Ryan- his broke. It was originally a tribute to his frat


Claudia O.


Jess


Amy T.


Meghan


Kelly- hers broke, it was originally her car


Sofia


Sheron


Troy





Violetta


Josh


Kristy


Kristyn


Mine: A chocolate violin! I had a lot of fun doing this one. I love chocolate, and I love my violin, so it was perfect. The entire thing is chocolate- white, milk, and dark. Though it's not very apparent in the picture, there is woodgrain on the violin itself. I had some challenges making it- primarily in making the strings, which I unfortunately left to the last minute. In addition (After this photo was taken) the front piece of the violin came off, then broke in two overnight- whether it broke itself or someone touched it I don't know. I was fortunately able to repair it so it wasn't completely hideous for it's display after the graduation ceremony.

1 comment:

Allison said...

congrats on graduating. culinary school is hopefully in my near future. i think you presentation is the best, i especially like the chocolate steps that display the bon bons.